Nothing says "summer" like lemonade, and I'm a big fan of unusual fruit and lemon concoctions. About ten years ago, I ran across a recipe in a magazine for peach lemonade. I had a few white peaches and some strawberries in the fridge, so I experimented, and ta da! Liquid summer! Enjoy!
Ingredients:
*4 cups cold water
2 cups white peaches, peeled and cut up
2 pints fresh strawberries, washed
*1 cup (or 6 lemons, juiced) fresh lemon juice
*3/4 cup sugar or to taste
3 cups ice cubes
Place fruit in a blender with half the water and puree. Press mixture through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth into your 2 qt. pitcher (or use it all if you're into pulp!) Add the lemon juice, ice, sugar, and the rest of the water; stir briskly. Add more cold water to fill pitcher, if needed. Enjoy!
* OR, use an equivalent amount of Simply Lemonade. Sometimes, in a pinch, I will pour out a glass of the regular lemonade for me, then add the strawberry/peach puree to the jug and (lid on!) shake it.
Serves 8-12



No comments:
Post a Comment